UO Roleplay

"A World Like None Other"
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 9:07 am

Post subject: Hello Everyone! (My Introduction)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:59 pm  

I'm a 27 year old, male, from Florida. I'm a carpenter by trade, but as there isn't much work, I'm basically unemployed. Luckily, my father is really cool and I can live with him. He doesn't mind me playing Ultima Online for a few hours a day, since I spend most of my day reading or writing, or doing something constructive. I enjoy playing UO, but my real passion is reading. Mainly philosophy and history, but I also like naturalist novels, like the works of Charles Dickens, Emile Zola and John Steinbeck. I also like classical and folk music, but some anarcho-punk/grind too (less and less as I get older).

I only play here a few hours a day, every few days, but this is the shard I vote for. I'm excited to see this shard develop and hopefully have at least a moderate active player base. On the other shard I play, I use the enhanced client, I can't really stand the interface of the 2d classic client, but I don't mind it here with the custom artwork. I hope you have plans in the future to change the backpack gump and maybe the border around the game window, which is pretty ugly. That would make the gameplay even better and more unique. The border around the map is pretty ugly too, but I use UOCartographer (I think most people do), so it really doesn't matter.

I have no role-play experience, but I don't think this will be a problem. I'm literate and creative, so I'm sure I can be a useful member of your role-play community. I will create at least two characters: Volati, a necro-archer, she looks innocent but she is pure evil; and Mahavira, a scribe mage, he hunts player killers like Voltai. I've noticed that most characters here have a surname, should I create surnames for my characters?

As of right now, I'm using Voltai as an ABC archer, so I stay away from Haven and try to stay out of towns as much as possible. This is really just until I can get an LRC suit and some decent gear. ABC archers use chivalry and I wouldn't want you guys to see her use it. I'm only using it right now for Enemy of One, Consecrate Weapon and Divine Fury — those all help with PvM, immensely. Chivalry would help the character with PvP too, but I don't care about that. I will drop it in the future and lock her karma at Dread. A player killer using chivalry would just be stupid and the same logic will go into her suit. I'm not sure about what items I will use, but they will fit the role and I won't use them just because they're good items.

Hopefully, I won't see any of you on Voltai, at least not any time soon. But I look forward to meeting you all on Mahavira, maybe as a hunting party, where he can protect you from murderers.

Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone! (My Introduction)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:11 pm  

Hi there! Nice to meet you and I am looking forward to bumping into you in game. Well definitely have to stay clear of your archer! Nockar is my mage & scribe.