UO Roleplay

"A World Like None Other"
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Post subject: Boss Chests
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:01 pm  

Got a boss chest a few days ago from Odin but I cant seem to pick it. Does lockpicking go over 100 on this server? and if so what level is required to pick the chest drops from bosses? I checked the wiki but it only has skill info for up to GM and no info on the boss chests.

Post subject: Re: Boss Chests
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:31 pm  

Like any skill lockpicking can go over 100, but I can tell you from personal experience I have never had a single chest I couldn't open in one shot with 110 lockpicking. Some skills are extremely difficult to raise over 100 though, and I found that lockpicking was one of them. To get mine up the final ten I purchased .5 skill boosts from the reward tent in Narrowhaven for 25 quest points a piece.

Usually the chests you can't open with GM are level six, possibly seven. The loot will usually tell you the difference. That said, if someone out there has Fractured Gems those can add three to lockpicking if inserted into a socket on jewelry or armor. Otherwise, you can use a plain old trinket found or crafted by a tinker to raise lockpicking by as much as six if you know a scribe who has the recipe for lockpicking glyphs. Lastly, there is probably a type of food out there that raises lockpicking temporarily by five. You have probably noticed that some foods buff stats, and there are also foods that buff skills. While the buff is temporary, as with crafting skills, you can temporarily take advantage of it to make difficult locks easier to open. We had a player several years ago who was making a list of what foods buffed what skills but life got in the way :|

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-Johannes Lambertus Adriana van de Snepscheut

Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:18 pm  

Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it!

Post subject: Boss Chests
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:43 pm  

Hi guys, Ive heard that guild raid chests can be obtained if you beat the bosses, my guild has been able to take out the serpent but not the other two. Im quite positive that I read somewhere that the chests will be credited to you in your inbox after the reset, but it been 4 weeks or so and I still havent gotten anything? Can anyone shed some light on this or do we have to take out the last boss before anything is credited?

black satin sheets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:09 am  

All Chests even boss chests are randomly dropped.

Sometimes you have to crack open so your light can shine out.”

Remember to vote daily and watch for updates.